Page Links

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fun bird tray

Here is a fun little tray that ended up fitting in perfectly in my kitchen.

Supplies:
Frame with glass
Caulk
Craft Paint
Varnish (optional)
Enough fabric or paper to fit frame



*how do you like that powdered coffee creamer that is poofed everywhere? Nice huh? ;)


I happened to have this frame in the closet, so I removed the glass and painted away. I set it out to dry and then sprayed it with a varnish so it would be easier to wipe down after being used.




Then I added a bit of fabric and caulked around the inside (not as neatly as I would have liked, but it adds to the charm, right?). Here is a helpful tip that I didn't think about. At this point, don't pick it up. It squishes the caulk out and then you get to redo it (hence the non-neatness). Just let it sit and dry overnight.




Add your sweeteners, creamers etc and you are good to go! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment