Page Links

Monday, September 5, 2011

{ruffled} streamers

We are in full on birthday mode in our house this week. My baby girl turns one on Friday and her party is on Saturday. One thing is for sure, when you have a mom who loves to get a little crafty, a birthday can not pass without some serious homemade decorations going on. I already showed you the pom-pom puffs and  the zebra platters that I made {by the way, I took your suggestions and will be adding a little monogram to them this week}, but I wanted to give you one other sneak peak into her party. 


A few weeks ago, I was at the dollar tree and I picked up a couple packages of streamers {black, white & hot pink}. I knew I would fancy em' up a bit before the party but was not really sure what I was going to do. So I went online and did a little browsing and found this tutorial and I was in heaven! If you have not checked out some of Dana's amazing creations over at Made get on over there and check it out... you will not be disappointed! 
I am not even going to leave you with a tutorial of how I did my streamers, because I seriously followed her directions exactly and it worked perfectly! I will just leave you with some pictures {because what's a post without pictures?}
What I love most about this project is you do not have to be an expert sewer.... I mean really, you don't even have to be able to sew a straight line. My lines on my streamers are not super straight, but I like it that way, it helps them curl a little more when hung, and gives it even more texture!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see all the crafty fun at the party!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete